I was recently teaching at my church on Psalm 131 (currently my favorite of all the Psalter), and I shared seven ways to kill pride every day. This list is from C.J. Mahaney’s little book, Humility. I have personally benefitted from looking over this list every morning before I start my day. You can see the entire list below or you can download it here.
- Begin the day acknowledging your dependence upon God and your confidence in God.
- At the outset of each day express specific gratefulness to God.
- Practice the Spiritual Disciplines.
- Seize Your Daily Commute as an Opportunity to Meditate on Scripture.
- Throughout Each Day Cast Your Cares Upon Him.
- At the End of the Day Transfer the Glory to God.
- Before Falling Asleep Acknowledge the Purpose of Sleep.