Hi, I’m Brad Merchant. I am the Pastor of Leadership Development at College Park Church in Indianapolis, Indiana. I enjoy spending time with my wife, son, reading, writing, and providing leadership to The Gospel Coalition Indianapolis Regional Chapter. I am also a co-host of the Backseat Leadership Podcast. You can follow TGC Indy on Twitter and Facebook.
The articles on my website are my “thoughts on life, theology, and books.” I add new content about 2–4 times per month and typically highlight resources I find helpful and that fellow Christians may also find helpful. To make sure you don’t miss new articles, you can subscribe by email. You can also follow me on Twitter.
My beautiful wife, Clarissa, and I have been married since 2014. Our son, Haddon (named after Charles Haddon Spurgeon!), is one of the greatest joys of our lives. Here’s a picture of us from October of 2021:
Here are a few of my favorite things:
- Band: 1) Jon Foreman, 2) Shawn McDonald, 3) Shane & Shane, 4) NEEDTOBREATHE
- Hobby: 1) reading and writing, 2) spending time with thoughtful friends, 3) working out, 4) watching/playing basketball, 5) enjoying nature
- Drink: Dr. Pepper
- Food: 1) A great burger (Wahlburger!), 2) Steak, 3) A good sandwich, 4) Mexican
- NFL: Houston Texans
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs
- NCAA: Texas Longhorns
- Place: San Diego, California OR Asheville, North Carolina
- City: Louisville, Kentucky
- Book(s): Harry Potter Series (Rowling), Anything by Thomas Watson or the Puritans
- Theologians: Charles Spurgeon, Kelly Kapic, Tim Keller, Russell Moore, Ray Ortlund, James KA Smith, Nicholas Piotrowski, Dane Ortlund, Gregg Allison
Brief Bio for Speaking Events:
Brad Merchant (MA, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Pastor of Leadership Development at College Park Church in Indianapolis, Indiana and leadership council member of The Gospel Coalition Indianapolis Regional Chapter. He is an avid reader, tweeter at @brad_merchant, and writes regularly on his blog (www.bradmerchantblog.com). He is the Author of Mentoring Like Jesus: How To Make Discipleship A Part Of Everyday Life (Warner Press, 2017).
Advertising and Affiliations
My site participates in Amazon.com’s “affiliate” program, where ordering through Amazon.com helps me with the expenses of this site. Help support me by shopping at Amazon through this link: http://amzn.to/2aggoWQ
All opinions expressed on bradmerchantblog.com are my own, and should not be necessarily interpreted as representing any of the organizations that I work for.