Hey there, I’m Brad Merchant. I enjoy spending time with my wife and two boys, reading, writing, eating great food, and spending time with friends. I once co-hosted a podcast about secondary leadership called the Backseat Leadership Podcast.
My blog posts are my “thoughts on life, theology, and books.” I add new content about once a month (roughly!) and typically highlight resources I find helpful. To make sure you don’t miss new articles, you can subscribe by email. You can also follow me on Twitter.
My beautiful wife, Clarissa, and I have been married since 2014. We have two boys we adore and love so much. Here is a picture of us from 2022:
Here are a few of my favorite things:
- Band: 1) Jon Foreman, 2) Shawn McDonald, 3) John Mayer, 4) all Christmas music 🙂
- Hobby: 1) reading, 2) spending time with friends, 3) working out, 4) watching/playing basketball, 5) enjoying nature
- Drink: Dr. Pepper
- Food: 1) A great burger (Wahlburger!), 2) Steak, 3) A good sandwich, 4) Mexican
- NFL: Houston Texans & Indianapolis Colts
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs
- NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
- Place: San Diego, California
- City: Louisville, Kentucky
- Book(s): Harry Potter Series (Rowling),
- Theologians: Charles Spurgeon, Kelly Kapic, Tim Keller, Russell Moore, Ray Ortlund, James KA Smith, Nicholas Piotrowski, Dane Ortlund, Gregg Allison
Advertising and Affiliations
My site participates in Amazon.com’s “affiliate” program, where ordering through Amazon.com helps me with the expenses of this site. Help support me by shopping at Amazon through this link: http://amzn.to/2aggoWQ
All opinions expressed on bradmerchantblog.com are my own, and should not be necessarily interpreted as representing any of the organizations that I work for.