Tim Chester, Closing the Window: Steps to Living Porn Free (Downers Grove: IVP, 2010), 17-35:
- Porn wrecks your view of sex.
- Porn wrecks your view of women.
- Porn wrecks women’s view of themselves.
- The porn industry abuses women.
- Porn is a sin against your wife… if you’re not yet married, porn is a sin against your future wife.
- Porn wrecks families.
- Porn is enslaving.
- Porn erodes your character.
- Porn wastes your time, energy, and money.
- Porn weakens your relationship with God.
- Porn weakens your service.
- God’s wrath is against people who use porn.
Chester expounds on the above twelve reasons when explaining the first of what he calls five key “ingredients in the battle against porn”:
- What Do All Porn Users Have in Common? by Brad Merchant
- Three Simple Words to Set You Free [from porn] by Brad Merchant
- 9Marks Journal on the Pastor and Pornography
- Seven Reasons You Should Not Indulge in Pornography by Andy Naselli